30/8/2016 – 136 views
Address:Chicago, IL 60617 (map)
Sarah M. Hernandez 773-964-6393 [email removed]
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/BILINGUAL SPANISH & SIGN LANGUAGE
* Certificate Medical Assistant 2008
* Certified (NCCT 2009-2010)
* Certificate English (ESL) Olive Harvey College
* Certificate Office assistant of Information processing
* Certificate Chicago Department of Public Health Immunization Program VFC
* Certificate of Appreciation University of Illinois hospital & Health Sciences System
* Certified American Heart Association Health Care Provider (CPR/AED)
South Shore Hospital
East Side Medical Health Center
Heart Care Center/Private Offices
Dr. Chandra Anand Internal Medicine Dr. Rita McGuire OB/Gynecologist Dr. Dominador Dayon Family Practice
Dr. Virendra Bisla Cardiologist Dr. Ruyard Smith Internal Medicine Dr. Severy Yaroshevsky Family Practice
Medical Assistant, December 2008- July 2012
Serve as a key member of interdisciplinary healthcare team for a busy family medical practice. Assist seven MDs as a team in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of office.
Front Office Functions
* Consistently staff to focus on the health concerns of their patients. Serve as initial contact with patients, pharmaceutical representative, and vendors. Schedule patient appointments, complete insurance forms,(Medicare, HMO, private insurance, etc.), maintain billing records, and purchase medical supplies inventory. Secretary practice with computers entering specimens, Microsoft word, excel, translation document for medical records. Schedule appointment for testing like Ct Scan, Ultrasound, EKG and General Specialist at University of Chicago, Trinity Hospital, South Shore Hospital ect. praised for efficient handling of administrative duties (e.g., answering phones, scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, patient processing, billing and bookkeeping).
Back Office Functions
* Interview patients, measure vital signs, and record data in patients' chart. Assist physician with examinations and procedures. Administer treatments. Process request for medication refills. Medical document translation Spanish to English for physician better understanding medical document. Phlebotomy, Immunizations, Thin Prep, G/C, wound care, Physical/Sport form. Demonstrated proficiency in taking patient medical as well venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests EKGs, regular stress, remover stitches, chemistry, lower artery Doppler, hematology, urinalysis, spirometry and patients health education regarding High blood pressure, diabetes ect. Ensured the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all facilities, exam rooms and equipment. Helped implement practice’s quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA regulations; improved patient care/satisfaction. Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease.
El Valor by Rey B. Gonzalez Children & Family Center 2007-2009
3050 E. 92nd Street Chicago, IL 60617
Certificate Of Accomplishment
President of the parent comity recruit, develop, and manage high-levels volunteers. Special events conceive and produce special events throughout year, including public relations events and prestigious fund raising. Serving our Hispanic community.